Thursday, July 14, 2016

Minnie Mouse Diaper Cake

For the RRR July Blog Hop, please click HERE.

Hello everyone,
Cheryl here today to share a diaper cake I made to look like Minnie Mouse's Head. It was created for my daughter who just had her baby (my grandbaby Chloey) and for Really Reasonable Ribbon using the Beautiful Grosgrain 1 1/2" ribbons from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store!
Ribbons used:
Really Reasonable Ribbon-  I used Black Grosgrain Ribbon in 1 1/2" thick to go around the head, and the ears. I did them separate, and then attached the ears to Minnie's Head!  Next for the Big PINK and WHITE polka dot Bow, I used Really Reasonable Ribbon's Circus Dots Grosgrain Ribbon in Bright Pink!

Minnie's Head
I used the smallest diaper(Newborn) parents choice to create Minnie's Head!  There are 20 for each ear and 86  for the head.  I had to buy 3 packs of 42 since they didn't have a large box.
Extras- Hot Glue gun, wire, little rubber bands the black ones you get in the hair care aisle. Large folder file rubber bands.
My daughter LOVES Minnie Mouse and has since she was almost 1. So it was no surprise to her Dad & I when she wanted Minnie Mouse stuff for her little girl! We have so many wonderful things to bring to her in California - can't wait!!! Here is a photo of the gifts we are bringing with us. They too have Really Reasonable Ribbon on them as well....hehehehee.  Told you I LOVE using Ribbons!!!  I used the Black Satin Swiss dots, Black Jute string, Hot Pink Satin - LOTS of it.


Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!!
hugs to all,
Cheryl

6 comments :

  1. Cheryl, I LOVE it!!!! That is such a unique way to use ribbon and a practical gift/centerpiece for a baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling!! I love it! Very creative!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one pile of loot! And super cute on the Minnie diaper "cake"! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning!!!!!!!! Love how you packaged it all! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say