Tuesday, March 31, 2015

NEVER Enough Ribbon!


Hi, crafty friends!  It's Karen Letchworth here today, and I am a firm believer that you can NEVER have enough ribbon; and HEAVEN FORBID that you should ever say that you have "TOO MUCH" ribbon.  It's simply impossible!  So, this week when a friend asked me to make some cute little table decorations for the girls coming to her daughter's 10th Birthday Party next weekend. I just took a good look at my supplies and made it work with what I had.  Luckily, I have LOTS of great Really Reasonable Ribbon (and again, I promise you that you can NEVER EVER have enough ribbon!) and it sure did come in handy.
First, I made a place card for each of the (six) girls by using a Wooden Spool, a paper straw, and LOTS of great Really Reasonable Ribbon including their luscious Wide Pink Wrinkle Ribbon, Seam Binding Baby Pink, Seam Binding Elderberry, Plaid Ribbon Pink, Plaid Ribbon Purple, Burlap String Pink, Burlap String Violet, and also some of Really Reasonable Ribbon's other goodies including some of the GORGEOUS flowers such as the Wild Orchid Crafts Open Pink Roses, Wild Orchid Crafts Open Pink Dark Violet Roses and Wild Orchid Crafts Spiral Stamens in Pink.  All that loveliness was tied into the big fluffy bow at the top and attached to a paper straw.  The straw is hot glued into a large wooden spool.
To each of the wooden spools, I ran a piece of the beautiful Wide Natural Burlap With Wired Edge With Pink & White Trim around its base, tore a small strip of 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Plain Burlap Trim and tied it in a knot, added a small bow of Pink Burlap String and a Wild Orchid Crafts Open Rose in Dark Violet.  Each girl has their name attached to their straw to mark their place setting.
For the other decoration, I made each girl a little jar filled with candies.  I found some small jars, painted and glittered the lids, and then made a ribbon treatment/bow to place on the top of each jar lid.  These bows are a bit smaller, but uses almost all the same trims as the first project including the delightful Wide Pink Wrinkle Ribbon, Seam Binding Baby Pink, Seam Binding Elderberry, Plaid Ribbon Pink, Burlap String Pink, Burlap String Violet, and also some of Really Reasonable Ribbon's embellishments including their super sweet flowers such as the Wild Orchid Crafts Open Pink Roses, and Wild Orchid Crafts Open Pink Dark Violet Roses.  So you see, you really can't ever have enough ribbon because you never know when a project will use up LOTS of your stash.  And let's be honest, you NEVER want to be completely out of ANY of these gorgeous trims.  Today is a great day to RESTOCK all your favorite ribbons, laces, trims, flowers and more, and by shopping at Really Reasonable Ribbon......you can have it all!  I welcome you to stop by my blog, My Cup Runneth Over, to see additional photos and read a bit more about my projects.  Have a blessed week, and don't forget to stock up.  You can NEVER have enough ribbon!

3 comments :

  1. You have made such a lovely project. This is really so pretty and I love the ribbons.
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this. I would love to put this up to decorate in my house :) Thanks for sharing the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say